Tuesday, August 25, 2015

5 years from now

One of the questions I dislike during interviews or just general life is how you see the next five years. Obviously it's going to be tailored to any work goals you think your potential employer sees you doing. No one really thinks of their personal life when they think of "the next 5 years"

Lately, I've been thinking about the next 5 years but not career wise. Rather, thinking of all the places I'll be going. I was lucky to visit Spain, The Netherlands and France this year in March. Ever since then I can only think of when and where I'll be going next!

Germany is in the near future to visit a best friend who will be living there. I'm hoping for May 2017. Thailand may be sooner with a New Years trip on a yacht with some friends in the end of 2016/beginning of 2017.

2018 we're hoping to do a European tour starting in Dublin in March. We got married on St. Patrick's day in 2013 so it would be a perfect way to celebrate our very irish heritage in Dublin on St. Patrick's! From there we want to do London, Paris (where we honeymooned), and maybe a couple other cities from there. I'm leaning towards Italy.

It's fun to imagine where you'll be and what you'll be doing over the next few years that doesn't involve work. Where do you plan on heading next?

No comments:

Post a Comment