Saturday, August 1, 2015

Blue Apron: A review


I wanted to preface this that I have not been compensated (lol little ole me?) for this and all opinions are my own!

I was drawn to Blue Apron as many are for, the convenience. It's as easy as signing up and waiting for your box to come to your front door. Let me tell you, I was SO excited when Blue Apron had finally come over to Houston. I had honestly waited a year for it!


Blue Apron, if you didn't know, is a service that sends you a package of food that arrives right at your doorstep with recipes and coordinating ingredients (just enough) for 3 meals for the week. Everything is individually packed, sealed and mostly fresh.

So far it has been incredible exceptional. My only complaint is there isn't enough for leftovers! Something that we thrive on for lunches throughout the week.

One of my favorite things about Blue Apron however, besides the local and in season ingredients, are the ingredients that I've never tried before! For example, I tried that eggplant right in that photo above. I can say I'm not a fan (yet) though I wasn't sure that I cooked it correctly.

I had never even heard of Opal Basil before
Maitake and Shiitake Mushrooms
Blue Apron also lets you tailor the meals. Say you're a vegetarian, well they have a whole menu for you! I requested the menus without lamb (I just can't get with lamb for some reason) and it's been excellent.

I have had things turn before though before it had reached my door or not received enough ingredients. While it is inconvenient, their customer service is excellent and compensate accordingly.

Despite this, it is incredibly convenient not only to have all ingredients picked out for your but also the recipe planned, most being under 35 minutes prep and cook time combined! There have been many days where I have the ingredients but just can't think of anything to make.

All together this is a great company, great product and I will continue to use it! I do have 3 free meals to give out, so if Blue Apron is in your area and you would like a free meal, let me know and I can contact you to send the invite!



No comments:

Post a Comment