Thursday, August 13, 2015

New Orleans: Food

I don't have to tell you, the food in New Orleans is amazing. This was my first time going with a group that appreciates food as much as I do (not just the post drunk night pizza slice in the street) and we definitely ate like kings and queens that weekend.
Here are some photos taken along the way.



Commander's Palace was literally our first stop off the plane. We enjoyed an amazing 3 course dinner with plenty of cocktails. It was my husband's birthday as well as my good friends birthday so it was a nice celebration for them. We also went to some awesome hotel bar which I can't remember the name of and a hole in the wall dive bar called Snake and Jake's where the signature beer are called Schlitz's and it is definitely somewhere you don't want to make an enemy.

The next day the other girls went to District Donuts.
From what I could remember: Maple Pecan, Fluffernutter, Raspberry Champagne, Coconut, Cinnamon Roll and Chocolate Glazed. SO good and so fluffy. Definitely a pastry type of donut. 
We got some bloody's and headed to Red Dress Run. 
Went to Carousel Bar and had a famous Pimm's Cup. Let me just say, I want to have this drink over and over again. Such a good summertime drink.

By lunch time we were all HANGRY and headed to Dat Dog.
I was so hungry I forgot to take a picture before I dove in! I got the Bacon Werewolf. Highly recommended. Definitely worth the wait!
We desperately sought out air conditioning and ended up at the Ritz of all places. From there we were craving chargrilled oysters and ended up at Superior Seafood. Though the service was awful the food was divine.
Frozen Cocktails 
The last day Sunday morning we ended with a three course BRUNCH at Coquette I had never heard of such a thing but it was definitely the best food I ate all weekend.

Ratatouille 
Shrimp and Grits with Poached Egg
Butterscotch Pudding with Bourbon Whipped Cream and Maple Bacon Blondie

By the end of our Tour de Fat you had to roll me home. So worth it though I definitely am starting back on that health wagon again. 

Until next time NOLA.



No comments:

Post a Comment