Monday, June 30, 2014

Flank Steak Fajitas

It's been a while y'all. School has been so insane I haven't done proper cooking in a while!

Sunday though I decided to get the grill going and make some fajitas. I randomly bought a flank steak on my Friday grocery trip with no real plans and looked up a recipe Sunday.

I found a recipe from Foodnetwork.com and off I went. There were a few things I didn't have so I headed to Walmart, picked up the ingredients and started marinating the steak.

The recipe calls for a chimichurri marinade so I used some cilantro, parsley, garlic, and some other things. It was effortless to make and most of all it was good.

This recipe is simple yet SO flavorful, I doubted the pepper recipe at the end and man was I wrong. It made the dish.




It yields 6 servings but Patrick and I ate it almost all yesterday. We were ravenous but like I said the flavors were da bomb.

If you're making for a crowd be sure to pick up a bigger portion. We had about a pound and a half and it made about 4 servings for us (I'm just now finishing the last of it today for lunch).

The only thing though, it calls for red onion in the marinade but doesn't specify when to put it in. I didn't have a red onion anyway so I omitted that and it still tasted great.

I also vlogged it so check it out on my Youtube channel and be sure to subscribe if you want to catch more cooking videos.

Here's the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment