Sunday, June 8, 2014

Eggy Cups with Bacon

It's been quite a while since I've posted. I have been so busy with summer school and I've only just finished my first week.
I have been actively trying new recipes, though not my own creation. I think I want this to be more of a "I'm cooking these recipes blog" rather than recipe creation because I'm not very good at just coming up at things. You might be seeing recipes I "try out" from other blogs and I will definitely mention them, but also give a bit of a review as well.
So there ya go.




Anyway, yesterday I made quite the feast for our breakfast. We had some cherrywood smoked bacon and we had eggs so I decided to make some eggy bacon cups!

I started by preheating the oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit.

While that was going I semi-cooked the bacon, I cut in half first before cooking. I cooked about 2 minutes a side. Place on a plate with paper towels to drain a little.

Grab a muffin tin and grease it if you like. Mine is non stick so I didn't but I would use butter or coconut oil if I had.

Place strips of bacon in muffin tin to form a "cup". I had to use two bacon slices since I cut mine in half. You could also place one on the bottom. Crack an egg in and you're good!

Cook for 12 minutes for runny yolks, no longer than 15 minutes. If you pull it out before 15 minutes the whites will still jiggle a bit but they will set once they cool.

You're left with a perfect and easy breakfast! You can even refrigerate them (after they've cooled a bit) and heat them up for later. If you plan on doing this, I would suggest only cooking for 12 minutes.

Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and some chives of you have them on hand.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment