Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June Food Favorites

Though I am a bit late to the June favorites game I thought I needed to spill nevertheless.
Here in Texas it's been summer for a while but when June works it's way around it's official. Summer is here and it'll be here until late October!


For drinks I can't go wrong with just some simple water with lemon and other fruits. My favorite combo is lemon and muddled raspberries. Super refreshing! If you want to step it up try it with your favorite La Croix sparkling water. I'm not much of a drinker as I used to be but nothing beats a refreshing summer beer (of any kind). My favorite is the Saint Arnold's Summer Pils. My next to try is a lemon shandy. Any suggestions?

For food of course we've been going crazy with the grill. We've made brisket, flank steak you saw from the other day, and numerous other recipes. My favorite is the Grilled Greek Lemon Chicken Skewers from Foodie Crush. Perfect with a pasta salad.

For dessert, you can't go wrong with some watermelon! I LOVE watermelon. It's just so refreshing! Can you spot a trend here? I haven't gotten around to it but I would love to try some grilled watermelon or even grilled pineapple with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream. That just screams summer to me.
Via
For snacking I love my go to homemade popcorn. The way I make it is just get a big pot with a tablespoon of coconut oil heated up on high heat, throw in 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels and make sure they are coated in oil, then they're done once there's about 3 seconds between each pop. A little salt, pepper, and Kerrygold butter and you're on your way to a good snack!
Another great snack I love is lightly salted sunflower seeds. I eat these year round but when baseball heads into the summer it just seems like such a summer treat. I could eat them until my lips fall off from all the salt.

What were your June Favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment