Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Recipe Review - Black Pepper Noodles and Cashew Chicken Wraps

I decided that every Wednesday I would go ahead and review a recipe for y'all! I try to try out a new recipe every week so I thought I'd share.




This past week I wanted asian food but I don't really have a lot around me besides buffets. It didn't seem too hard to make and I even made a video for y'all for the experience.

I found the recipes on pinterest of course and went from there.

The Black Pepper Noodles comes from Pinch of Yum. The recipe was simple, in fact the hardest part was patting the tofu dry. Looking back I only tried to tofu to try it out. I had never really had it before and thought it'd be fun. Now that I've tried it I would leave it out, unless you're fond of tofu, and the dish would make a great side! The flavors of this dish were excellent and I couldn't get enough! Definitely make this!


For the Chicken Cashew Lettuce Wraps I got the recipe from She Wears Many Hats. This recipe was good, but nothing special to me. The chicken didn't really crisp up and it was sort of just another chicken lettuce wrap recipe. I think if it had a bit more heat it would have been better. Though, the recipe was very quick. Basically just cooking the chicken and caramelizing the onions and garlic. 

Overall the meal was good and definitely satisfied my asian food craving for the week.

If you'd like to see the whole cooking process check out the coordinating youtube video and more opinions for the meal! 

If you have any recipes you'd like me to try out let me know and I will get to it!




No comments:

Post a Comment