Friday, November 6, 2015

My favorite "substitutes"

In this day and age practically everything is bad for us and there's almost always a substitute for it. Over the past couple years really cooking on my own I've been thrown into a world of ingredients. Here's a few of my favorite substitutes that are better than the real thing!


Click through on the pictures for the websites!

So Delicious Coconut Creamer

My favorite is the French Vanilla flavor, for some reason it tastes more like marshmallows in my coffee to me! I try to steer clear of dairy most days so this is an excellent sub for regular creamer.

Along with creamer I'm a sugar fan in my coffee, though lately I've been trying to keep additives to things at a minimum. Refined sugar is out, coconut sugar is in!
I love this because it's not too sweet and perfectly balances anything it is in rather than making it sickeningly sweet. 

Instead of shoving 10 mini candy bars in my face over Halloween (more like all of October) I stuck to a square of this a day leaving myself completely satisfied and not wanting more.
I like the Bapchi's Caramel Toffee Bar best. I also picked up the Guajillo and Chipotle Chili super dark bar. Such an interesting combination! One square and I'm good for the night.

I'm sure there are more that I use but these are the substitutes I've been grabbing for lately. I will try and update as I keep finding things!

What are your favorite substitutes?






No comments:

Post a Comment